Sunday, April 28, 2024

Korea 3

Almost 2 months in. No regrets!







Oh Canada!


These 3 skyline pics are from the rooftop of my apartment.




First time making ghee! Super easy and beneficial.
I made it mostly for medicine; dry nose, sinuses, etc. Just taking a dab and smearing it in my nose helps SO MUCH!


Happy birthday parties for my students are always fun!


$30 or so! Couldn't resist. Also I feel the quality for frozen fruit might even be better than fresh fruit here; most fruit is imported.


'The Common Life' Vegan restaurant; it's like I'm back in VT again!







Traditional Confucian school I stumbled on randomly. Surprisingly peaceful considering how much 'city' is surrounding it.









1st metro station in Daegu I've been in. How bout those vending machines! lol


The monorail. Short walk from my apartment.



Suseong Pond - maybe 12 minute walk from my apartment.






Thrilled to find a salad place so close to my apartment. Bloody meat eaters over run Daegu



First gift from a Korean student (technically maybe 3rd or so, but the first one I at least took a picture of)


First chemtrail seen in Korea! Boo!
If you look carefully, it eclipsed the sun/moon perfectly. SUPER windy this day, the timing was perfect to get this picture.


Maple syrup spotted!




Abandoned judo gym


Closed on weekends, see ya next time!


So glad I made it here! Got some good sparring in and learned a new combo. Probably the only martial arts teacher close to home who can speak some English. Later that day or next I ordered a new gi and other martial arts gear online. Let's go!


Korean language church service.
Topmost quality AV system. Even though I couldn't understand most of it, I wept a few times. The heart understands love; verbal language is secondary.









Speech contest! Good fun for us teachers. Probably quite scary for some of the students!


Made it back to JS Judo. Big language barrier, but I showed them my green belt and instant fraternity was achieved!


No comments:

Post a Comment