Sunday, May 12, 2024

Gimhae - Cultural city near Busan

 Had a 3 day weekend because of Children's Day, so I went on my first intercity train adventure.

Korea is officially the best country in the world when it comes to public transportation (in my experience).



2nd chemtrail spotted in Korea. BOO!


These cute lil animal mascots are all over the place in Korea. I like!




First try at Portrait Mode on my 'new' (old cheap model) Samsung phone - A15





Tomb of the King. The first father of the Kim clan.





This lil city has a lot of aesthetic character. Unlike Daegu, I actually feel like I'm in 'raw' Asia in Gimhae. Daegu is more like Hong Kong to me; it's a 'New York City' full of Koreans. Seoul is probably worse, and more expensive; glad I'm not there!


First bidet I've seen/been on in Korea.
At one of the many love hotels in Gimhae. Very few normal hotels here.


I stayed at the 9to9. All the hotels in this area seem to be love hotels, except the Granada. Better for me; cheap price, heated bed mattress, bidet, big TV, extra towels, wahoo!



First sight of Gimhae after getting off the bus.
The sliver of mountain on top of the buildings caught my eye.


Pics from the train window.
I think this would be called a 'slow bullet train'
This one way ticket costs less than $8. Maybe 55 mile journey, took about an hour.

These guys misspelled every single name in the address.



Gimhae has more foreigners than anywhere else in Korea. Mostly factory workers from S.East Asia. Great food here!


I like angels.


First open air market I've been to in Korea.
Where I live in Daegu I haven't found a single one in walking distance.



There are many tombs in Gimhae. Most notably; King Suro. The patriarch of the Kim clan. All Kims in Korea come from him. The queen, his wife, was apparently an Aryan princess from India. Would love to hear some scholarly confirmation of that...



Zoom in on the necklace - pure stone, in perfect condition.


Back in Daegu. Not sure why these random city sights catch my eye. Sometimes its just the lighting and the timing. Doesn't seem to record well via camera.

Also I liked how many cranes there were, all in the same direction and angle; all pointing in the same direction I was going to I realize now.


I think this was the only pic I got from the train window on the return trip.


Gupo - the train station I used, in between Gimhae and Busan.


Coming back to Gupo from Gimhae, I used the metro for the first time. They have a monorail. This pic is from the last leg of the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment