Friday, February 15, 2019

Wellington, New Zealand 1

First few days in Wellington, New Zealand






I had most of a day to spend in Auckland airport, so I figured I'd treat myself to this very Western sandwich which would be super hard to find in China. The burger part is mac n cheese.






I lost count of how many incredible veggie burgers I had in Welly





One of the many strange animals native to New Zealand.
The only parrot that can't fly, is nocturnal, and doesn't like to breed.



Life-size heart of a blue whale


The Great War efforts of Kiwis (New Zealanders)







Even the bus stops are so clean and beautiful and modern I wanted to take a photo!


The oldest living animal on Earth, maybe except for the blue whale. The tuatara has been around for 200 million years. It's impossible to see in the picture below, but when I was looking at it, I truly thought it was dead or not real, it sits there in complete stillness, hours at a time.



Cauliflower Wings 👍😁




Botanical Gardens















The Beehive parliament building, voted one of the world's ugliest buildings.




No comments:

Post a Comment