Friday, February 9, 2018

Mysore, India

A lot of these city names in India sound like they kind of make sense in English right...


Mysore Train Station
Possibly the cleanest station in India


This lady can make thousands of incense sticks per day
After rolling, the incense is dipped in oil for 20 days, and dried in the sun



Mysore Roundabouts



Chamundi Hill
I don't know the story behind this hill, but I think it has something to do with a female deity named Chamundi.










It wouldn't be a crowded area in India without a cow!








The last king of Mysore
But, the only reason I took this picture is because his face looks just like my Dad's face, or maybe its more like me I don't know!




Mysore Roundabout
very happy I don't have to drive through here every day!


All of the pictures from here to the bottom are from Mysore Palace, which was an active kingdom for hundreds of years, up until 1977.


This tiger statue is very interesting because it's the only "aggressive statue" I've ever seen that FACES the palace, normally they face the opposite way as a warning to strangers and invaders...








Egyptian! From Paris, France I think.













Everyone was getting giddy to take a selfie in front of this big mirror, not sure why.



Elephants and cannons - must've been a great kingdom



Surprised I never saw elephant tusk picture frames in Thailand...



Lovely wooden doors







Doppelganger.  Seen?
On the plaque to the side, it said the man in the middle's name is Krishna...gave me the shivers.
















No comments:

Post a Comment