Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Hampi - Ancient Kingdom in Ruins - Day 1


If you zoom in on the photos, you can see that there are huge boulders, perfectly scattered, as far as the eye can see.
These boulders used to be walls, palaces, buildings, etc. Until the Muslims invaded several hundred years ago!

These photos are in reverse order, so you're seeing the sunset first.







Slovakian yoga class on top of the mountain



















33 crore deities - that means 330 million deities.
Most famous in this mountain temple is Hanuman, born here 7,000 years ago.










Perfect place for a motorbike tour! Very little traffic in this small rural town.







These kids split my heart in half.
At first I thought they were beautiful and lovely like all children, so we played around a bit. Then they kept saying "school pen" - that was the only English they knew. It seemed like they were supposed to be in school but had no books or pens (this seems like a very poor town) so, I went to the local store and bought 2 boxes of pens. They swarmed around me, and grabbed at me, like I had the sweetest candy. The storekeeper had to help me get them in single file line.  2 boxes wasn't enough...I thought about that for a long time. I've never seen children so happy to get school supplies. They didn't ask for food, money, nothing, just a school pen.
😢😢😢



















They are not saints, they are charlatans, who walk around tourist-ridden areas and ask for money to take pictures. Maybe best to not give them any money.


No comments:

Post a Comment