Friday, August 25, 2017

Chiang Rai Motorbike Tour - Day 1


The mountain roads are never boring, always curving in unpredictable ways.  After coming back to the city I really miss these roads, they are much safer than driving in the city!






I can see why this view point has a specific name, it's also the highest elevation camp ground in Thailand I'm pretty sure.




This agricultural park is a royal project, started by the late King Rama IX, to help the hill tribes subsist on the land by growing vegetables and attracting tourism, instead of growing opium, which was always the prime crop grown here, for many decades, maybe hundreds of years. Looks like a great success!






















Next time I'm coming by helicopter for sure!


Idk why I kept my helmet on here...maybe I was lazy and wanted to be in a Tron movie or video game or something...




One of the many stunning views while riding on the road, if I wanted to capture everything, I would never be able to complete a trip! 

Basket ladies hard at work, just outside the temple and cave where I parked my bike.







I think B.E. means Buddhist calendar, so 2436 would be roughly 125 years ago.












It's a pig! The left eye and snout stick out.



This one looks really cool above ^ but I'm not sure what it reminds me of...




Watch out for the claw overhead!



Mushroom stone



Life sprouts in many unexpected places :)



The rocks on the right side look like a giant face looking downwards at the shrine of flower garlands. Pointy nose and mustache. Can you see it?


Parts of this cave tour were not easy at all, and we had to squeeze through crevices like this one. Much easier for my guide, an older Thai lady roughly half my size.



3 little elephants


Can you see the elephant above?


Bats everywhere! As with most caves probably.





This picture above reminds me of an ancient Chinese man, with the tall hat.




The first part of the journey was a huge and famous cave, full of crystal formations from the eroding limestone, and many Buddhist statues.





This 2nd motorbike tour started off on a good foot, or a good cat I should say :)


No comments:

Post a Comment