Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Mae Hong Son motorbike tour - Day 5


Day 5 - A lovely drive through the mountains to Pai, Thailand - a town overrun by tourists, and for good reason - a stunning valley with vast landscapes and biodiversity everywhere you look. The hostel owner told me if I ever wanted a banana just have a walk around and pick it off one of the trees! I never needed to as some local people gave me a full hand of bananas for no reason that I can remember!

Pai is full of white hippies and Chinese...those are the main groups of people who live here that aren't native to the area.  And for how small this city (town) is, I can't believe how many vegan restaurants and resorts there are. My favorite one had a yoga studio attached to the cafe! It's so comical I couldn't actually live here, but the nature around here is flawless and would make living her seem like a good idea.


Hayato from Tokyo is trying to do the Jack Sparrow look, with just 2 individual dread locks.  I couldn't even think about trying to stop him!


Night market - very similar to Chiang Mai, Bangkok, etc etc same same


Chinese girls sure know how to cook! Super happy she decided to stay at the same hostel as me :)




Best sunset I've seen in a long time. This famous viewpoint was a short drive from my hostel through the Chinese village.







Just trying to keep my eyes on the horizon ;)









Babe photo sandwich!











Shanghai feels so close!




A great reminder!












This salad changed my life. This was my first time eating after hours of driving. The sesame seeds on the mango and avocado really make a difference!




The "backyard" of my hostel



Highway selfies








I hope I can try a bike like that one day...
Oh wait, I will :)
But...can only afford it for 1 day I think!






Yup, that's a real thing that exists.


No comments:

Post a Comment