Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Mae Hong Son loop by motorbike - Day 3


Photos from day 3. By this time I had traveled half the distance of the loop, and rode from Mae Sariang to Mae Hong Son (163km)




So creepy! Sorry if this bothers you but I definitely had to take a picture of this. This is one of the many places (temple museum) where I was the only person here at the time (I wonder why!)



I've never seen a Buddha statue made of straw/wicker material like this before.




The late King of Thailand examines an elephant.  How-bout those tusks! Maybe taller than me!!




A shrine for the Queen of Thailand, this day was mother's day in Thailand, which is I think a combined holiday meaning it's the birthday of the Her Majesty, but it's also mother's day in the western sense where it's common to get a gift for your mother and hopefully respect women more than usual :)  Many stores were closed today out of reverence. Although in places like Bangkok and Chiang Mai I'm sure the majority of stores would still be open!











Gorgeous right! I was super lucky to have so many days with blue skies and sunlight during the rainy season.



Everyone loves phallic symbol baskets right! There are lights in them for when the sun sets.




This was the first Burmese food I ever tried.  Very tomatoey...reminds me of a good Italian pasta sauce. Most of my journey was pretty close to the border with Myanmar (Burma) so that was cool :)










How-bout some porcelain elephant tea for breakfast! I really miss this boutique guesthouse, very charming place.


No comments:

Post a Comment