Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Mae Hong Son loop by motorbike - Day 2



Here are all the photos from my second day. Scroll down to read whatever I can remember for each picture! :)

This video doesn't seem to work, so try this link:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXnaMENhFR7/?taken-by=campyjah

This is a local dish; a variation on the very famous Thai dish, Tom Yam soup.  This one has pumpkin and chicken instead of shrimp which is more common. Also, you can see the soup is clear, which I didn't ask for but it's definitely my preference.  In most Thai restaurants its common to choose either clear soup or (coconut) milk soup, clear is better trust me!


I see these little lizards everywhere, but I took this picture because this is the first time I remember seeing so many of them next to each other.  Maybe they are friends, but my guess is its mating season! You know how animals are...




I'm wondering why this Buddha statue is so busty...



Very busty right? This is the first time I've seen a Buddha statue with a chest like this anywhere! Hopefully my Thai teacher can explain it to me in class.




Really cool statue! I was the only person here at the time, not even a local Thai person sweeping...gorgeous view of the surrounding valley and city too, lucky me! The facial structure of this Buddha seems more Caucasian than Asian doesn't it?






On my trip, everywhere I went, seeing rice fields like this alongside the highway was extremely common, maybe at least 1 rice field per 2km!



This is an abandoned tourist welcome center for a calcite (crystal) cave that was closed during the rainy season.  Huge letdown, especially considering how insanely difficult it was to find this place!



No comments:

Post a Comment