Thursday, August 10, 2017

Mae Hong Son loop by motorbike - Day 1

 Today I drove 200 km on the motorbike, a new record!  Here are all the pictures I took on my way into town. They are in reverse order so the first picture you see is the last one I took. This reclining Buddha was an excellent surprise, as soon as I turned the corner on the highway I saw this huge statue chilling there among the trees. For some reason the Buddha looks way bigger in person than in this photo.

















Below is the last picture I took from the first place I visited just an hour from Chiang Mai. It's a Museum dedicated to Ganesh, the Hindu god with an elephant head.




Here, below, is my main number 1 Lord Vishnu. You can tell it's him from his blue skin and four arms and more specifically what he's holding in his four arms which are quite meaningful. Statues of Krishna will be identical to this statue of Vishnu as Krishna is the principal incarnation of Vishnu.


I wonder how old these shoes are!


Below you can see all the principal Hindu Devas AKA incarnations of the Lord. In the center is Ganesh this Arrangement is depicting his or her wedding.



Another great translation from Thai into English... please keep your goofy manners while visiting the museum but also don't disturb others thank you!



At first I thought he was real but he's just a wax statue. He is an important and famous monk, in the 1920s he moved from Bangkok to be more serious about meditation he said it was impossible to be any kind of monk in a big city like that and I agree!





*








2 comments: