Friday, August 25, 2017

Chiang Rai Motorbike Tour - Day 2



The following are pictures from a war memorial museum, about the many battles in Northern Thailand against communist China.  Many veterans, Chinese and Thai, still live in this village and receive government support for their contribution.  If not for them, this entire province could have been part of Myanmar or China!
















How about these views! This day might have been the best weather for the whole trip. It's very strange I got so lucky during the rainy season!












Where am I? What am I doing here? Only time will tell...Just wanna make a different face for no reason!



These huge statues were there in plain view along the highway, and nobody here but me!  No traffic here either, except a couple teenagers who screamed HELLOOOOOO as I passed them, going much faster (I'm an adult I'm allowed to speed :)















I could feel this cat's stare even not looking at it, maybe the first white person it's ever seen!




My hotel was covered with history plaques like this one.  Seems like this little group of people are some of the last remaining in their small hill tribe. It says here they descend from Tibet originally.  Best hotel I've been to in Thailand maybe...everything was perfect and charming here, I want to go back, but probably never will :(

No comments:

Post a Comment